Along with two other teachers at my school, and inspired by a similar program at the Manhattan Village Academy, I put together a teacher portfolio this year to help my own personal development, consisting of the following sections.
- Inquiry Question: How can I support my students in developing their research skills? Analysis & Reflection, Assignments, & Student Work
- Supporting Journal Article and Analysis
- Best Lesson and Reflection
- Advice for someone teaching this course next year
- Top 11 Memories of the 2009-10 School Year
- Reflection on Goals for the Year
- Goals for the 2010-11 School Year
- Lesson from the Portfolio Process
2010-11 Teacher Portfolio:
- Inquiry Question: How can my engagement with online education communities improve my teaching?
- Year’s Best Unit and Reflection
- Best Major Assignment: French Revolution DBQ
- Goal for the 2011-2012 School Year
- Reflection of School Year Goals #5 – Late June
- What I Wish I Had Known at the Beginning of the Year
- Top Memories from My Time at Bronx Lab
2011-12 Teacher Portfolio:
One thought on “Portfolios”
Good Morning…a quick question–is there a way to subscribe to your blog via email? I love what I’ve read…thank you!